You face a variety of challenges
Bringing an independent finance expert onto your board and having different committees for human resources, technology, ethics and the environment is state of the art. But there is no customer or marketing committee. Since the markets and customers are crucial for your strategy and are the source of turnover and profit, they require particular attention when corporate governance structures are being set up.
To break it down to the everyday level, let us look at the following points:
- you want to gradually build up a governance structure that exactly meets your needs
- you want to identify and assess the current governance situation in your business
- you would like to integrate aspects of corporate governance into existing structures, processes and interfaces
- you need process control of the strategy processes and plausibility checks in order to see whether the goals are realistic
- you want the company management to discuss several scenarios independently in terms of risks and opportunities
- you want your research and business analyses to be meaningful so that responsible management decisions can be made
- you need an independent, objective analysis and evaluation of your strategic options
- you would like a critical examination of your current project/product portfolios and an identification of your short and long-term value drivers
- you need robust stress testing of your strategy and its underlying assumptions
- you want to know your risk position with regard to different markets, customers, partners and suppliers
- you want to be certain that you have appropriate risk reduction strategies
- you want to identify and understand the commercial impact of your investment and divestment options. You want to ensure that you control new acquisitions and that the integration process is successful and efficient.
Marketing and sales issues are core elements of a company's strategic direction, and it is the role of the boards to advise and monitor the management of this task.
Our expertise enables us to supply practical answers that can be implemented based on experience and best practice.